Terms and Conditions of Loan/Hire
1. The vehicle shall remain the property of the repairer and the customer shall have no rights to the vehicle other than as a customer.
2. Any termination of this agreement shall be without any prejudice to any right of the repairer in respect of this agreement committed by the customer prior to the date of such termination.
3. If the customer fails to return the vehicle to the repairer upon the expiry of the termination of this agreement, it shall be lawful for the repairer or its servants or agents (at the cost of the customer) to retake possession of the vehicle wherever located and to require payment of the fee under clause 14.
4. The repairer may terminate this agreement with immediate effect if, during the course of the loan/hire;
4.1 The customer is in default of any of their obligations under this agreement.
4.2 The customer becomes apparently insolvent or attempts to seek relief under statute for the relief of insolvent debtors.
4.3 The customer abandons the vehicle or does or suffers anything whatsoever which is in the repairer’s opinion would or might have the effect of jeopardising the repairer’s property in or on the vehicle.
5. The vehicle will only be used for social, domestic and pleasure purposes or for my own business use and in addition in accordance with the terms of Insurance so as not to render the Insurance void or voidable.
6. The vehicle will only be driven by me or a driver authorised by me, within the UK. All drivers must have a full valid UK Driving Licence.
7. I agree to maintain the vehicle at my expense and keep it in good condition and repair throughout the period that it is on loan or hire to me.
8. I will be responsible for all fuel, oil and other consumables and will check daily all water, oil and antifreeze levels, during the period of time that the vehicle is in my possession. I will also be responsible for the cost of puncture repairs.
9. I will give immediate notice to the repairer of any damage to the vehicle or theft, seizure or loss of possession of the vehicle.
10. I will not use the vehicle or permit the vehicle to be used for any unlawful purpose or otherwise contrary to law.
11. I will not sell, pledge, charge, assign, encumber or otherwise dispose of the vehicle or any part thereof, or attempt to do so.
12. I will pay to the repairer on demand, all losses, expenses and costs, including all legal or other expenses incurred by the repairer in enforcing any of the terms of this agreement.
13. I shall not do or permit to be done any manner of things whereby the rights of the repairer are or maybe prejudicially affected.
14. I will return the vehicle to the repairer within 24 hours of the repairs to my vehicle being completed unless otherwise agreed. If I do not do so, I shall pay the repairer a fee for any day or part day during which the vehicle remains unreturned.
15. I acknowledge that during the currency of this agreement and for the purposes of the Road Traffic Act 1991 and the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988, I shall be liable as the driver/hirer/”owner” of the vehicle under the terms of this agreement for any offences committed by myself or any other persons authorised by me to drive the vehicle.
16. I (defined in this agreement as “I” or “The Customer”) acknowledge that the vehicle is the property of the repairer and is used by me subject to the terms and conditions above. The agreement commences at the date and time agreed overleaf.
17. If signing on behalf of a Company, Firm, Club, Society, Trust or Unincorporated Association, I confirm that I have actual authority to do so and that the body concerned will also be bound by and perform all the terms and conditions of this agreement.